Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tiramisu


This tiramisu is one of my signature desserts. I frequently take this to friends’ homes and potlucks because it is always a hit. I inevitably leave these gatherings with many requests for the recipe. Recently a friend told me she made this for her in-laws in Pakistan and the recipe has become a staple among the family. I hope it becomes popular in your house as well.


A word of caution however, this is definitely not nonna’s traditional tiramisu recipe. If you are Italian, please don't scream "spergiuro!"


I know tiramisu recipes are so easy to find in any web search but this is a bit different than most of them. But, I assure you it is delicious, halal and, as most of my recipes, super easy to make. Want more? It is also economical as I use cream cheese instead of mascarpone. I don’t think it can get any better than that. Buon Appetito!


Halal Mama’s Tiramisu

(Print this recipe)

1 8oz cream cheese brick, softened at room temperature
1 can condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 to 2 cups strong coffee or espresso, at room temperature
Ladyfingers, about 28
Chocolate shavings for decorating

Mix softened cream cheese and condensed milk with a hand mixer until combined.

In a separate bowl, whip 1 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.

Mix the cream into the cream cheese mixture.

Spread some of the cream mixture on the bottom of a 9" x 13"dish.

Place some coffee in a plate or pie dish. Then lightly dip ladyfingers in the coffee, sugar side down, the other side should remain dry. Place lady fingers side by side on top of the cream.

Spoon cream mixture over the lady fingers and spread evenly, then add another layer of soaked lady fingers on top.

Top with remaining cream mixture and decorate with chocolate shavings.

Refrigerate overnight or at least for 6 hours before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Hi , Does the coffee need to be sweetened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I use 48 finger biscuits huge mistake what should I do plsss help as I hav guest coming over today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget