Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mango Guacamole


I found these Brazilian mangos at the market the other day and bought them thinking of this Mango Guacamole recipe I’d seen in Rick Bayless’ book. Since I haven’t been lucky buying mangos here in Chicago in the past, I didn’t buy many. Surprisingly, these were the best mangos I had since moving here from Brazil many years ago. Tomorrow I’ll be running back to the market for more.




Mango Guacamole

From Fiesta At Rick’s by Rick Bayless

3 medium-large avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
½ cup red onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, more or less to taste
1 large mango, peeled and sliced in small pieces
1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely diced (option)
Salt to taste

Place scooped avocado pulp in a bowl, coat with lime juice and mash using. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash with fork or potato masher.

Mix in onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 2/3 diced mango and salt. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with remaining mango. Serve with tortilla chips as appetizer or shrimp tacos as side dish.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sister, MashaAllah your food blog is amaaaaaazing (did I emphasize enough?).. I can see your passion for cooking, presentation and photography...Great Job.. please keep it up! I wanted to ask you for some tips.. Firstly, how are you embedding the printable version of your recipe on your blog? I have a cooking blog myself and am just starting off.. I can use some help and suggestions from you. Also, How do u manage to put a copyright and site address on your photographs? Your replies would be greatly appreciated. JazakiAllah!!
    Oh by the way, I blog at http://mummyscookbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As-Salamu Alaykum sister, thank you so much for your nice words. I saw your blog and will go back for recipes later, thanks for sharing. I am new to blogging myself and still trying to learn as I go, but I hope I can help you. For the pictures I use this site http://picmarkr.com/ and for the printable recipes I use https://sites.google.com, I created an account and for each recipe I create a page. I then click to print the page and copy the printable page link into my blog. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. You can also e-mail me at halalmama@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget